Monday, February 25, 2013

"In these times I don't, in a manner of speaking, know what I want. 
Perhaps I don't want what I know, and want what I don't know..."
-Marsilio Ficino




This current season of life feels simultaneously busy and aimless. It's a strange pursuit, the search for desire. We often see people searching for opportunities to obtain what they want.. a job, a significant other, recognition etc.. but what do we make of the search for something to desire in the first place? Where do we begin looking? How do we direct our energy when our energy doesn't know where to go?


1 comment:

Patrick said...

I get this feeling about every two years, it kind of sucks. Here is something written by one of my favorite authors that I have found to be encouraging and insightful:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2008/sep/20/fiction

-Patrick