Monday, December 31, 2012

12-13

Well if it isn't obvious, I'm a last minute gal. In response to a good friend's challenge to complete 24 posts in 2012, I'm sliding into home base at just about the final hour. I don't love this about myself, but my productivity is usually driven more by deadlines than anything else. I think I'll try to repeat this goal for next year, but add the 2 posts-per-month rule, to avoid another December 31st writing marathon... and with that, a quick note to this past year:

Dear 2012,

I hate you in many ways, but am nonetheless thankful for the changes you've delivered. You brought me loss in ways I never knew before, you ushered in loneliness, you taught me bravery. You made me exceedingly uncomfortable, but made me grow. You made me face boredom to see how I'd respond, and made me confront some of the innermost caves of my being. When I stood appalled, you gave me time to learn and respond. You showed me vast ups and downs, and extraordinary companionship when it mattered most.

We've had an interesting run, but I'm so grateful for the distance I've come since you arrived 364 days ago. With that I say good ridens! ..and tell your sister 2013 to be a bit gentler please :)


Tobin

No comments: