Wednesday, November 12, 2008

3x - 42a= 6.739 + 1/2%(15x + 9.23ab)

I dreamt about math last night. Serious. Equations and square roots, and even some logarithms, although I couldn’t remember how to carry them out. I think it’s because numbers oddly comfort me. They’re so logical, and feel even more so when all the real stuff of life is lacking logic.

I woke up (hadn’t remembered the mathematical dreamstate yet) and found a knot to un-do. I sat on the edge of my bed Indian style and proceeded for the next 23 minutes to work at untying this knot.. as in, it seemed not a single other thing clouded my mind while I worked feverishly with the string.. straightening what was crooked and lost. If this inclination can be attributed to anything, it must be that I feel there are things {things bigger than string} I need to make straight that are a little kinked and confused. Freeing string from twisted restricted knots make me feel better when I’m feeling this way.

1 comment:

Tak said...

...numbers can be rather comforting if broken down into managable sequences. Lately I've been feeling there is more logic to that real stuff of life. I've seen a direction I'd like to go. However, taking steps in that direction has seems to be the difficult part now.

...freeing string from a knot. such a simple task with a definate start and end. athough, with each knot freed, i've noticed numerous additional knots...